A Dual Credit program gives High School students the opportunity to take college level classes and earn college credits while they are still in high school. Dual Credit classes also count toward your High School education so you can earn credit for both at the same time!
Dual Credit courses are not a pre-college or college preparatory class, they are college level courses. These courses usually come at a reduced tuition rate, meaning they cost less than college credits would once the student starts College.
Morrison Tech has been offering Dual Credit classes since 2015. The program is extended to several area schools; Morrison, Fulton, Erie, Prophetstown and Rock Falls High Schools. These classes will transfer to the students first year of college should they choose to attend Morrison Tech.
There are several benefits to a dual credit course at Morrison.
- Learn by doing “hands on projects
- See what Engineering Technology is really about
- Ease your way into college courses
- Prepare yourself for possible internships
- Learn from a nationally top rated Engineering Tech College
Classes that Morrison Tech offers for Dual Credit are
- Principles of Engineering
- AutoCAD 1
- 3D Modeling
- Mechanical Drafting and Design